If you’ve experienced a flooding event in your home or office, seeking a disaster restoration contractor can seem a daunting task. Not all disaster restoration companies are the same. Flood damage cleanup, and water damage restoration requires specialized know-how, experience, and the right equipment to get the job done properly. Assessing the damage comprehensively so that no area is overlooked, containing the damage quickly to minimize loss, and utilizing the proper equipment to get the job done quickly and correctly are essential to a successful restoration of your property.
Structural drying after a flooded basement, leaky or burst pipe, appliance failure, or sewage back-up must be handled properly depending on the type of flooding event and the extent of the damage. Hiring professionals who will provide the right equipment for the job is of the utmost importance. So what type of equipment can you expect a professional water damage restoration company to bring? Here are some of the most important pieces of equipment used to help dry out property after a flooding event.
- Desiccant Dehumidifier: This is a large unit that can dry either huge spaces or smaller spaces which have incurred extensive water damage. Desiccant dehumidifiers remove moisture from the air by forcing room air through silica gel, and expelling dry air out the other side. A very effective tool for moisture removal and moisture control.
- Portable Dehumidifiers: These come in a range of sizes and capabilities, and basically extract moisture from the are using principles to HVAC systems. Air is pulled in where it makes contact with coolant-filled coils, causing the moisture in the air to condense, and the moisture to drip down into the collection reservoir. Air is then re-heated as it exits back through the exhaust, and re-enters the room holding less moisture.
- Air Scrubbers: These units are essential after a major flooding event because they work to remove airborne mold spores and other contaminants which may have accumulated while standing water and moisture were present. Air scrubbers clean and purify the air by filtering out particulates from smoke residue, airborne mold spores, chemicals used in fire suppression, dust and fine debris from demolition. Air scrubbers protect the air in your home or office while the restoration process is ongoing, keeping construction workers and your family or loved ones safe.
- Air Movers: Besides fans, this piece of equipment is probably the most recognized by a lay-person during a disaster restoration event. Air movers are designed especially for use after a flooding or water damage event. Air movers are designed to blow huge amounts of air rapidly across a surface to create evaporation of moisture from carpet, hardwood, grout, or other porous surfaces that have absorbed moisture during flooding. Air movers “create” a bit of a vacuum by moving air horizontally, extracting excess moisture from the surface beneath.
- Fans: Ventilation fans can also help remove moisture, but in a more general area than an air mover. Ventilation fans circulate air so that the moisture being evaporated into the air via the other equipment is pushed through the HVAC system for filtering and further drying, or to the outdoors, circulating dryer air back in.
If you’ve experienced a flooding event and need water damage restoration services, call the pros at Pioneer Restoration. We respond to emergency water damage clean up calls typically within 60 minutes of receiving the call, and we can bring the experienced personnel and the right equipment no mater the type or extent of the damage. Call us now at 541-527-7260.